Saturday, November 26, 2011

Coach Robyn's Thanksgiving Holiday

Reporting in.... I haven't had a 90-day Challenge update in a while.   Well, overall it has been successful.  Although I might be short of a couple of my goals, the challenge isn't over until the new year and the main reason I started this challenge when I did was to keep me good and to show everyone that you can commit to good health during the holidays.  Since the average person gains 10 lbs between Halloween and New Year's, my goal was to be healthier and fitter going into 2012 than I was at the beginning of October.

My challenge has gotten me over one huge hurdle so far and that was the Thanksgiving holiday.  I sure did enjoy myself on thursday and had quite a few more calories than I have on an average day, but I didn't go crazy.  I made sure I had lots of protein on my plate and since there were lots of carb-loaded delicious sides to try, I tried them all.....just in small amounts.  Our meal consisted of 3 particular carb-loaded side that I really wanted to have...... Cheesy mashed potatoes, corn casserole and stuffing.  I had some of all and they were pretty darn good. However, I only had about 3 spoonfuls of each.  In previous years, I might have had double that. I also had another great Thanksgiving meal yesterday.  Since I over-loaded on carbs the day before (and definitely paid for it a bit), I really didn't even crave any of the carb sides.  I had turkey, ham, a little bit of sweet potatoes and cranberry casserole.

Anyway, Thanksgiving is a great holiday.  Has always been one of my favorites.  You should certainly enjoy your food but enjoy the time spent with family and friends more.

Ok, now for the exercise part.  I have definitely increased my exercise in the past 2 months (compared to the last 2 years).  I have been so focused on growing a business that I have to admit my exercise has suffered as a result.  Well, times are changing.  I have found a new love for the sport of fitness thanks to Crossfit.  The workouts are as intense as you want/need them to be and I feel accomplished after I finish each session (whether the workout was 7 mins long or an hour).  We will certainly be incorporating a lot more Crossfit aspects into boot camp in the new year so look out.

Here was my Black Friday workout at Crossfit Texas:


Guys vs. Girls (guy team of 4/ girl team of 5) one person working at a time
5 sled runs- 50 m per person
5 sandbag throws - 50 m per person 
250 deadlifts (95/135)
250 push press (65/95)
400 m run as a team together
250 pushups 
250 situps 
500 m row- each person
250 kbs (35/55-Russian)
5 sled runs- 50 m per person
5 sandbag throws - 50 m per person


My Posterior Chain (Hamstrings, Glute, Erectors) are feeling it today!

No comments:

Post a Comment